Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thank You, Boyfriend!

 

Ladies, we have a luxury that is often taken for granted. Button-down shirts, pant suits, boyfriend jeans, loafers...the list goes on. We get to freely experience the joy of taking classic menswear and making it CUTER.

I kid! But it is totally fun to experiment with what is traditionally made for men and adding that feminine flair for a whole new look. Whether it's accessorizing a collared shirt with a big statement necklace (could trade for a dainty one; depends on the day) or pairing a sweet pencil skirt with a sleek loafer, there are a million ways to be inspired.







     While my Chris can't wear my dresses and doesn't have any interest in borrowing my baubles, I have no problem taking his shirts and cardigans, not to mention keeping them for months at a time. For some pieces, I've even deemed them forever mine. Case and point: I took his argyle cardigan and graphic tee to style with my skinny denim. Looser tops tucked into a slender bottom can make for a great fit.
     What has menswear contributed to your closet? Which do you like best? My Fall favorite is an oversized boyfriend cardigan (literally from the BF).

Cardigan: Cedarwood State / T-shirt: Cedarwood State / Pants: Uniqlo;similar / Flats: JustFab / Bag: Salad / Sunnies: Nordstrom BP

Keep close on Bloglovin'InstagramPinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment