Friday, May 16, 2014

Little Red Riding Hood


     Spring weather where the sun is out with the breezy wind still blowing is how I like my days best. As days get hotter, I'll miss it. It's perfect for layering and creating interesting looks. As much as I appreciate the hot summer sun, it's not the most accommodating for my current vice: great outerwear. For most girls, it's shoes and handbags that bring out the shopoholic; but lately, it's the blazers, trench coats, and vests that get my blood pumping. So, I'm posting this before it's totally irrelevant. When I saw this red beauty by BCBG (bought from Loehmann's) last November, I swooned. If Little Red Riding Hood opted for something more modern and practical, while still keeping it chic and wolf-killer bold, this would be it.

     When styling bright and louder pieces, I try to throw in some less pronounced neutrals. In this case, I looked to a white tee and grey utility pant. I stayed with red hues for some major parts of this look, but the warm tones are balanced out by cool grey bottoms and shoes.
   
     Layering over basics can take things up a notch and is loads of fun to experiment with! Personally, I like to mix textures and prints. It's probably easy to go overboard, and I won't say I never have. Personal style is so dynamic, though; sometimes, playing with ideas you usually wouldn't entertain is just how you find what you like. For this look, I was inspired by a mannequin displaying a statement necklace layered over a scarf at Nordstrom. I had always loved the idea of combing the two, but hadn't come to any conclusions about the best ways to do it. I didn't take the display apart, so I'm not sure that I did it in the same way, but I think it turned out well. Stay tuned to see how I did it.




I brought some great company, a trusty photographer.  




Jacket: BCBG [similar here]/  Top: Zara/  Pants: Jcrew /  Shoes: Zigi Soho [black or nude]
Bag: JustFab/  Scarf: a Hong Kong Boutique/  Necklace: BP Nordstrom


Keep close on Bloglovin!








No comments:

Post a Comment